Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Harare, Zimbabwe

For the next two months I am traveling around Africa, the Middle East and Asia (check out a map of my trip).  I promised to keep folks updated, but know that I won't if I am trying to write about my trip.  My compromise is to share photos and provide a description of the photos.

So here we go!!!!  My first stop was Zimbabwe...
Harare Skyline
Have to admit from everything I have read and heard about Zim, I didn't expect it to look like this.

Visited a friend in Harare...

...and hung out with a b-school classmate!

Gardens in Harare are beautiful.  Here is one of the gardens at my hotel.
It was filled with statues.
Especially the local Stona statues, like this one.
Also visited some farms that are open to the public...
and had beautiful gardens
Enjoyed having some quiet time with nature

This farm was called Raintree.


I even spent some time lying underneath of a tree.
This was my view when I looked up...
...and looked a bit closer.
This is all on the grounds of someone's house
can you imagine walking out your house to this.





this picture was taken though a dingy window 

1 comment:

  1. Book Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar Cabs Online at cabs2go Car Rentals. Trust cabs2go for the Best
    mumbai to Mahabaleshwar taxi Services.

    ReplyDelete