Friday, November 25, 2011

Philly: Late Night Thoughts


I have neglected my poor, little blog (and you) before it even got started.  So I figure I at least owe an explanation for my absence (I probably owe ya a more detailed description of who I am as well, but that will come).

I quit my job the end of October to go on a trip around the world (Central America, South America, Australia, Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and East Africa) and start SOULjourner Art, an online art gallery that will empower artisans in developing counties (more to come on that as well). I am also joining the Response Corps, a program for Returned Peace Corps Volunteer.  And I am leaving in January to serve in South Africa for ten months.  In preparation for all of that (whew) I have been… 
  •  Taking bartending classes (fall back if I run out of money during my journey)
  • Working on the SOULjourner business plan (its coming along nicely)
  • Completing TONS of paperwork, gathering medical records, and getting immunizations (fun times…Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Hep A, and Hep B) for the Peace Corps
  • Learning how to use my new Mac (I love the Apple store)
  • Hanging out (I mean working at) various coffee shops around Philly
  • Saying good bye to Philly friends over lunches and dinners (eating out is my fave Philly pastime)
And at some point I will be packing because I am leaving Philly next week.

I thought this month would be a transition period to relax and unwind.  However, I actually am a bit overwhelmed. Despite that, I am filled with a zest for life and a passion for my current tasks that I have never felt before.  I am sleeping less than I ever did when I was working, but everyday I wake up energized ready to seize the day.  I truly know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.  I guess I am living a Purpose Driven Life (despite never reading the book that has been sitting on my night stand for over 2 years ROTFL)!

--Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment