Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How to Be Alone


I absolutely LOVE this video.  One of the biggest struggles (and mine currently) of Peace Corps service is loneliness and isolation so I found this video strangely comforting.  I actually watched it like four times back to back.  It feels good that someone else that wasn't a Peace Corps volunteer was experiencing similar feelings as me.

Below are a couple of my favorite lines from the poem featured in the video.

"Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless. Lonely is healing if you make it."

"If you are happy in your head then solitude is blessed and alone is ok."

"Just take the perspective you get from being one person in one head and feel the effects of it. Take silence and respect it." 

"If you have an art that needs practicing stop neglecting it."

"If your heart is bleeding make the best of it.  There is heat in freezing be a testament."

--Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment