Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Letter to My Bougie Folks...


Dear Bougie Folks,

I am writing because surprisingly I really miss you.  No one has asked me in quite awhile what I do, where I went to school, and did I pledge.  Plus, I need a good ol fashion HBCU style spades games at a BBQ, a _____ National Conference party, or a happy hour at a chic boutique hotel in my life.  I figure I need to temporarily import you to get my fix so I am offering you the opportunity to visit South Africa.  It will only increase your bougie status to exclaim: “I am going to South Africa”…”I bought this in South Africa,” or “did you know in South Africa ______.”  Just to let you know a trip to South Africa is just a bit more than going to Essence. If you can’t make it I’ll just make sure I am home in time for _______Conference so we can catch up.

Smooches,
Meish

PS: Hipsters I really miss you too and I will meet you at that cool new restaurant for brunch soon! :0)

3 comments:

  1. Miss you, Meisha!

    Signed,
    Amanda (The Bk Hipster)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. BKs finest! Mis ya too. I hope all is well. Have brunch at somewhere cute and colorful for me please!

      Delete